Freezer-Friendly + Kid-Approved Crispy Carrot and Cauliflower Fritters
These Crispy Carrot and Cauliflower Fritters are a favorite in our house. And they were a reader favorite on my old food blog too! I’m always looking for quick dinners that I can keep on hand in the freezer and these fit the bill.
If you’re making fritters to freeze, you’ll cook them all the way through to the end of the recipe. After you’ve let them sit on paper towels for a few minutes to absorb any excess oil, place the fritters on a large plate or small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Put them in the freezer for about two hours, or until they’re frozen through, and then transfer them to a freezer bag.
You can reheat the fritters in the microwave if you need them fast, but for best results, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 425ºF.
My preschooler loves these fritters with ketchup, while my 11-month-old eats them as-is; when cut into quarters, they’re the perfect size for her little hands. You can serve them over a bed of greens tossed in a simple vinaigrette or have them as a side dish. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can pair them with a homemade aioli for dipping.
Get More Make-Ahead Recipes and Meal Plans
When you join Green Plate Club, you get three new plant-forward meal plans each week, along with printable shopping lists and time-saving tips. You also get access to a growing library of ad-free weeknight dinner recipes to help make mealtimes less stressful—all for only $6 a month.Print
Crispy Carrot and Cauliflower Fritters
This recipe is another reader favorite from my first food blog. You can never go wrong with crispy fritters, right? These are easy to make and they freeze super well.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the water, cauliflower, and carrots in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes, then drain well. Place the cauliflower and carrots on a few layers of paper towels and pat dry. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Place the chopped veggies in a large bowl; add flour and stir to coat. Fold in the cheese, salt, pepper, green onions, and egg.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Put the fritter mixture into the skillet 1/4 cup at a time, using a spatula to flatten each fritter into shape. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes, then carefully flip the fritters over and cook for about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil, if needed.