Frequently Asked Questions
We offer vegetarian meal plans, plant-based meal plans, and flexitarian meal plans for anyone who only wants meatless dinners a few nights a week. Every subscriber gets access to all three categories.
Our plant-based and vegetarian meal plans will feed four people for dinner or two people for lunch and dinner, five days a week. (Don't need lunches? Many of our meals can be frozen for later.)
The flexitarian meal plan feeds four people for dinner three days a week, two people for six days, or one person for lunch and dinner all week long.
Each Friday, you’ll receive an email with a link to the latest meal plans. From there, you can download a printable PDF with the plan and shopping list, then hop on over to the recipes and print those too.
“Kid-friendly” is a relative thing because all kids are different! That said, the recipes in each meal plan are ones that I make for my family, which includes a fairly picky preschooler.
Cross the ingredients off the shopping list and make something else instead, adapt it to your tastes, or download another meal plan. When you’re a member of Green Plate Club, you’ll have access to all previous meal plans in our archives.
I’ve been developing my own recipes for years since founding my first vegetarian food blog a decade ago and I’ve accumulated quite a collection over the years. Green Plate Club shares these recipes, along with some from cookbooks I love (with the publisher’s permission, of course!).
Here’s the thing: we know there are other websites that allow you to choose your own recipes and make your own shopping lists. This is why I think Green Plate Club is valuable:
- Our meal plans are carefully planned to minimize shopping trips and produce waste. If you’re creating your own plans, you have to think about all that yourself––and it’s a lot of work.
- All of our meal plans are vetted by a university-trained nutritionist to make sure they're balanced and healthy.
- It’s nice to generate a shopping list automatically, but you still have to choose recipes. When you’ve got a million things on your mind, do you really want to spend time poring over recipes too? Hello, decision fatigue!
- Our meatless meal plans are by and for vegetarians and people who want to eat less meat. The plant-forward recipes on our site aren’t an afterthought, they’re the core of what we do.
- Green Plate Club is a small, woman-run business. If this matters to you, please support what we do.
We know you’re busy and the last thing you want to do is spend all night cooking after a long day. Our recipes can all be made in advance and frozen, partially made in advance and assembled later, or come together in minutes. Each meal plan will have notes and instructions to help you save time.
While our recipes and meal plans are not gluten-free, almost every recipe can be easily adapted to a gluten-free diet if needed.
Because this is a digital product, Green Plate Club does not offer refunds on month-to-month subscriptions. If you have purchased a three-month or annual subscription and decide to cancel before the term is up, you will be issued a prorated refund minus the discount.